While Minneapolis boasts a strong underground scene, “swag” is not a quality commonly associated with my city of residence. Here to change that is Rocky Diamonds, making his Booth debut with freshly-minted mxtape standout Ballin’. Here, Tae Beatz‘sparse, bass-booming boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars from the Twin Cities repper, as well as an energetically-flowed guest 16 by Philly street. Impressed by this up-and-comer’s stunting? More fresh cuts await on The Diamond Life, released September 15, and available now from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Now" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.