While Minneapolis boasts a strong underground scene, “swag” is not a quality commonly associated with my city of residence. Here to change that is Rocky Diamonds, making his Booth debut with freshly-minted mxtape standout Ballin’. Here, Tae Beatz‘sparse, bass-booming boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars from the Twin Cities repper, as well as an energetically-flowed guest 16 by Philly street. Impressed by this up-and-comer’s stunting? More fresh cuts await on The Diamond Life, released September 15, and available now from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Now" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.