While Minneapolis boasts a strong underground scene, “swag” is not a quality commonly associated with my city of residence. Here to change that is Rocky Diamonds, making his Booth debut with freshly-minted mxtape standout Ballin’. Here, Tae Beatz‘sparse, bass-booming boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars from the Twin Cities repper, as well as an energetically-flowed guest 16 by Philly street. Impressed by this up-and-comer’s stunting? More fresh cuts await on The Diamond Life, released September 15, and available now from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Now" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.