Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s collaborative debut album, BUILD, was unleashed back in fall of 2013, but the Tacoma emcee and his West Coast-repping colleague aren’t quite done promoting the set. Today, the collaborators have liberated the Peter Berkley-directed visuals for Alive, which draw a parallel between the liberating power of music and that of biking and skateboarding. As for the record itself, it’s an uplifting reflection on youth and personal growth, featuring introspective bars from Powers and uplifting productoin and chorus vocals from Phinisey. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on BUILD, which is still available for streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
In anticipation of its retail release next Wednesday, October 16, Tacoma emcee Rockwell Powers and producer/vocalist DJ Phinisey are offering their BUILD LP as a free, exclusive stream in The DJBooth. The collaborators'...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.