Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s collaborative debut album, BUILD, was unleashed back in fall of 2013, but the Tacoma emcee and his West Coast-repping colleague aren’t quite done promoting the set. Today, the collaborators have liberated the Peter Berkley-directed visuals for Alive, which draw a parallel between the liberating power of music and that of biking and skateboarding. As for the record itself, it’s an uplifting reflection on youth and personal growth, featuring introspective bars from Powers and uplifting productoin and chorus vocals from Phinisey. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on BUILD, which is still available for streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.