Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s collaborative debut album, BUILD, was unleashed back in fall of 2013, but the Tacoma emcee and his West Coast-repping colleague aren’t quite done promoting the set. Today, the collaborators have liberated the Peter Berkley-directed visuals for Alive, which draw a parallel between the liberating power of music and that of biking and skateboarding. As for the record itself, it’s an uplifting reflection on youth and personal growth, featuring introspective bars from Powers and uplifting productoin and chorus vocals from Phinisey. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on BUILD, which is still available for streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.