The 247th entry in our Exclusive Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Rockwell Powers, the Tacoma native who earned Booth acclaim for mixtape cuts My Way and Life. On his brand new, exclusive It’s Like This freestyle, the currently-unsigned emcee spits over original boardwork by DJ Phinisey. Powers is currently busy promoting his latest street album, Kids in the Back 2. Released in April, the project is available for free download at the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 06/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.