When Rockwell Powers claimed to have “Too many questions, and not enough answers” on Booth debut I Wonder, I thought that was just a clever lead-in to one record’s worth of philosophical reflections. As it turns out, though, the Seattle native could have filled a whole ‘nother joint with the queries that didn’t make it onto his first feature – so, he’s done exactly that. Powers’ latest single finds the up-and-comer once again indulging his curiosity about Life, the universe and everything, lacing Ill Pill‘s dreamy chopped-soul-sample boardwork with such inquiries as “What’s cool?,” “Whom should I trust?”, “What does it mean to be free?” and “What’s truth?”. Guest duties fall to 22-year-old up-and-comer Sol, who grabs the mic on the back for a more declarative, but equally thoughtful closing 16. So, readers, are you feeling Rockwell Powers’ inquisitive style the second time around? If so, more awaits on his and Ill Pill’s Kids in the Back 2, which will arrive on the ‘net April 16 – or will it? After all, what is time anyway? And this music stuff.. what’s the deal with that? What’s the sound of one hand clapping? Am I going to stop asking questions anytime soon? Is anyone still reading this?
Written by richard on 03/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.