Last we heard from Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey, on a reader-approved single off the latter’s self-titled LP, they were “sittin’ on Top of the World,” reveling in the success they’d achieved in the game. Fast-forward four months and change, and they’ve left terra firma behind altogether. On Gone, the lead single off the Pacific Northwesterners’ next joint project, Powers reflects on how much his life’s improved since he detached himself from others’ expectations and started making full use of his free will: “One day you’ll find out you don’t have to prove sh*t / And the weight’ll fall quick, and the pressure won’t stick.” As on the aforementioned cut, Phinisey wears two hats, providing a soaring electronic beat to back his colleague’s bars as well as grabbing the mic to deliver a sung hook and backing vocals. The project to which this record is attached has yet to receive a title or drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)