It’s cliché, but true: there are TWO (or more) SIDES to every story. Take Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s latest single, for example. In addition to being a collaboration between two talents from opposite sides of the boards, the cut is, lyrically, all about ambivalence. Over his partner’s pensive keyboard chords and subtly driving rhythm section, Powers explores the blurry distinctions between cop and criminal, teacher and student, community and commodity. Phinisey adds yet another facet to the record, lending his soulful vocals to the chorus. Fans will be able to find TWO SIDES on the Pacific Northwesterners’ Build EP, scheduled for release in October. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Update: We have added the Yusuf Word-directed visuals for Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey’s Two Sides single.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
In anticipation of its retail release next Wednesday, October 16, Tacoma emcee Rockwell Powers and producer/vocalist DJ Phinisey are offering their BUILD LP as a free, exclusive stream in The DJBooth. The collaborators'...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.