It’s cliché, but true: there are TWO (or more) SIDES to every story. Take Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s latest single, for example. In addition to being a collaboration between two talents from opposite sides of the boards, the cut is, lyrically, all about ambivalence. Over his partner’s pensive keyboard chords and subtly driving rhythm section, Powers explores the blurry distinctions between cop and criminal, teacher and student, community and commodity. Phinisey adds yet another facet to the record, lending his soulful vocals to the chorus. Fans will be able to find TWO SIDES on the Pacific Northwesterners’ Build EP, scheduled for release in October. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Update: We have added the Yusuf Word-directed visuals for Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey’s Two Sides single.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.