It’s cliché, but true: there are TWO (or more) SIDES to every story. Take Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s latest single, for example. In addition to being a collaboration between two talents from opposite sides of the boards, the cut is, lyrically, all about ambivalence. Over his partner’s pensive keyboard chords and subtly driving rhythm section, Powers explores the blurry distinctions between cop and criminal, teacher and student, community and commodity. Phinisey adds yet another facet to the record, lending his soulful vocals to the chorus. Fans will be able to find TWO SIDES on the Pacific Northwesterners’ Build EP, scheduled for release in October. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Update: We have added the Yusuf Word-directed visuals for Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey’s Two Sides single.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)