It’s cliché, but true: there are TWO (or more) SIDES to every story. Take Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s latest single, for example. In addition to being a collaboration between two talents from opposite sides of the boards, the cut is, lyrically, all about ambivalence. Over his partner’s pensive keyboard chords and subtly driving rhythm section, Powers explores the blurry distinctions between cop and criminal, teacher and student, community and commodity. Phinisey adds yet another facet to the record, lending his soulful vocals to the chorus. Fans will be able to find TWO SIDES on the Pacific Northwesterners’ Build EP, scheduled for release in October. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wonder" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!