Though fiction tends to portray immortality as a drag, I’m inclined to think living forever couldn’t be all that bad – sure, I’d have to see everyone I know and love pass away but, on the plus side, I’d have time to… uh… watch all five seasons of The Wire? I dunno, I’m sure I’d think of something. Anyway, St. Louis up-and-comer/robotic superbeing Rockwell Knuckles fills us Silly Humans in on his firsthand experience with eternal life on his Booth debut, the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. Here, beatsmith Trifeckta‘s electronically menacing yet soulful production sets the stage for some of the most entertainingly strange rhymes I’ve heard in a minute. Whether the “escape from a robot factory” concept, not to mention Knuckles’ claims to hear voices in his head, are part of some grand sci-fi narrative or simply straight-up craziness, it’s hard to argue with the artist’s entertaining delivery and engaging flows. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for release details on Rockwell’s latest project, which goes by the non-WalMart-stockable title of You’re F*cking Out, I’m F*cking In.
Written by richard on 09/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Play Catch" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)