Though fiction tends to portray immortality as a drag, I’m inclined to think living forever couldn’t be all that bad – sure, I’d have to see everyone I know and love pass away but, on the plus side, I’d have time to… uh… watch all five seasons of The Wire? I dunno, I’m sure I’d think of something. Anyway, St. Louis up-and-comer/robotic superbeing Rockwell Knuckles fills us Silly Humans in on his firsthand experience with eternal life on his Booth debut, the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. Here, beatsmith Trifeckta‘s electronically menacing yet soulful production sets the stage for some of the most entertainingly strange rhymes I’ve heard in a minute. Whether the “escape from a robot factory” concept, not to mention Knuckles’ claims to hear voices in his head, are part of some grand sci-fi narrative or simply straight-up craziness, it’s hard to argue with the artist’s entertaining delivery and engaging flows. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for release details on Rockwell’s latest project, which goes by the non-WalMart-stockable title of You’re F*cking Out, I’m F*cking In.
Written by richard on 09/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Play Catch" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.