Though fiction tends to portray immortality as a drag, I’m inclined to think living forever couldn’t be all that bad – sure, I’d have to see everyone I know and love pass away but, on the plus side, I’d have time to… uh… watch all five seasons of The Wire? I dunno, I’m sure I’d think of something. Anyway, St. Louis up-and-comer/robotic superbeing Rockwell Knuckles fills us Silly Humans in on his firsthand experience with eternal life on his Booth debut, the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. Here, beatsmith Trifeckta‘s electronically menacing yet soulful production sets the stage for some of the most entertainingly strange rhymes I’ve heard in a minute. Whether the “escape from a robot factory” concept, not to mention Knuckles’ claims to hear voices in his head, are part of some grand sci-fi narrative or simply straight-up craziness, it’s hard to argue with the artist’s entertaining delivery and engaging flows. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for release details on Rockwell’s latest project, which goes by the non-WalMart-stockable title of You’re F*cking Out, I’m F*cking In.
Written by richard on 09/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Play Catch" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.