While any sort of train references in Hip-Hop have been silently condemned thanks to Diddy and his Last Train To Paris, I think it’s safe to give St. Louis-born wordsmith Rockwell Knuckles and his new record All Aboard a pass. Serving as a world premiere off of Rockwell’s forthcoming Take Me To Your Leader album, All Aboard is the type of feel good record that seems to be a bit of a rarity in Hip-Hop these days. You know with the drug-slinging, gun-toting and all. Whereas Rockwell went the solo route on last week’s Helmet, here the emcee recruits Booth-fave Tony Williams and female vocalist Dharma Jean for a hook on his lyrical train ride. Producer KT The Terrible keeps it uniquely melodious on All Aboard, blending organs with unexpected scratches. While no official date for Take Me To Your Leader has been released expect the album to drop before the month is over.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silly Human" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.