Sometimes all it takes to make a catchy hit is one word (think Usher’s Yeah!, not Kia Shine’s Wow). With a carefully chosen utterance, even the weakest of rappers can build an entire song. For rapper Rocko, that one word is Tomorrow; where he once again (see Umma Do Me, This Morning) describes his extravagant life, “living every day like there’s no f*ckin’ tomorrow.” While some will compare Rocko’s sound to Jeezy and Drumma Boy’s bassline production to T-MIX’s Stuntin’ Like My Daddy, there’s simply no denying that the combination make for an excellent song. More swag-filled anthems should be expected when Rocko’s debut album, Self-Made, drops on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.