Sometimes all it takes to make a catchy hit is one word (think Usher’s Yeah!, not Kia Shine’s Wow). With a carefully chosen utterance, even the weakest of rappers can build an entire song. For rapper Rocko, that one word is Tomorrow; where he once again (see Umma Do Me, This Morning) describes his extravagant life, “living every day like there’s no f*ckin’ tomorrow.” While some will compare Rocko’s sound to Jeezy and Drumma Boy’s bassline production to T-MIX’s Stuntin’ Like My Daddy, there’s simply no denying that the combination make for an excellent song. More swag-filled anthems should be expected when Rocko’s debut album, Self-Made, drops on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)