Sometimes all it takes to make a catchy hit is one word (think Usher’s Yeah!, not Kia Shine’s Wow). With a carefully chosen utterance, even the weakest of rappers can build an entire song. For rapper Rocko, that one word is Tomorrow; where he once again (see Umma Do Me, This Morning) describes his extravagant life, “living every day like there’s no f*ckin’ tomorrow.” While some will compare Rocko’s sound to Jeezy and Drumma Boy’s bassline production to T-MIX’s Stuntin’ Like My Daddy, there’s simply no denying that the combination make for an excellent song. More swag-filled anthems should be expected when Rocko’s debut album, Self-Made, drops on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.