Sometimes all it takes to make a catchy hit is one word (think Usher’s Yeah!, not Kia Shine’s Wow). With a carefully chosen utterance, even the weakest of rappers can build an entire song. For rapper Rocko, that one word is Tomorrow; where he once again (see Umma Do Me, This Morning) describes his extravagant life, “living every day like there’s no f*ckin’ tomorrow.” While some will compare Rocko’s sound to Jeezy and Drumma Boy’s bassline production to T-MIX’s Stuntin’ Like My Daddy, there’s simply no denying that the combination make for an excellent song. More swag-filled anthems should be expected when Rocko’s debut album, Self-Made, drops on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.