Thanks to the rumblings produced by the single Umma Do Me, ATL’s Rocko received a major label deal with Island Urban Music to release his upcoming debut, Swag Season. A possible inclusion on that debut is the non-single, This Morning, where the Rowdy Records co-founder once again covers hip-hop’s three most popular modern day subjects: money, money and more money. While his fiancée Monica (yes, Monica the popular singer) might have a problem with the line “I never had a wife/I’m married to the cash, she treat her daddy right,” producer Marvelous J provides a backdrop that should help Rocko’s boo not even think twice. Self-Made will be released in the spring of ’08.
Listen to More: Rocko
Written by Burmy on 12/20/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.