Thanks to the rumblings produced by the single Umma Do Me, ATL’s Rocko received a major label deal with Island Urban Music to release his upcoming debut, Swag Season. A possible inclusion on that debut is the non-single, This Morning, where the Rowdy Records co-founder once again covers hip-hop’s three most popular modern day subjects: money, money and more money. While his fiancée Monica (yes, Monica the popular singer) might have a problem with the line “I never had a wife/I’m married to the cash, she treat her daddy right,” producer Marvelous J provides a backdrop that should help Rocko’s boo not even think twice. Self-Made will be released in the spring of ’08.
Written by Burmy on 12/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)