Thanks to the rumblings produced by the single Umma Do Me, ATL’s Rocko received a major label deal with Island Urban Music to release his upcoming debut, Swag Season. A possible inclusion on that debut is the non-single, This Morning, where the Rowdy Records co-founder once again covers hip-hop’s three most popular modern day subjects: money, money and more money. While his fiancée Monica (yes, Monica the popular singer) might have a problem with the line “I never had a wife/I’m married to the cash, she treat her daddy right,” producer Marvelous J provides a backdrop that should help Rocko’s boo not even think twice. Self-Made will be released in the spring of ’08.
Written by Burmy on 12/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.