Thanks to the rumblings produced by the single Umma Do Me, ATL’s Rocko received a major label deal with Island Urban Music to release his upcoming debut, Swag Season. A possible inclusion on that debut is the non-single, This Morning, where the Rowdy Records co-founder once again covers hip-hop’s three most popular modern day subjects: money, money and more money. While his fiancée Monica (yes, Monica the popular singer) might have a problem with the line “I never had a wife/I’m married to the cash, she treat her daddy right,” producer Marvelous J provides a backdrop that should help Rocko’s boo not even think twice. Self-Made will be released in the spring of ’08.
Written by Burmy on 12/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.