Thanks to the rumblings produced by the single Umma Do Me, ATL’s Rocko received a major label deal with Island Urban Music to release his upcoming debut, Swag Season. A possible inclusion on that debut is the non-single, This Morning, where the Rowdy Records co-founder once again covers hip-hop’s three most popular modern day subjects: money, money and more money. While his fiancée Monica (yes, Monica the popular singer) might have a problem with the line “I never had a wife/I’m married to the cash, she treat her daddy right,” producer Marvelous J provides a backdrop that should help Rocko’s boo not even think twice. Self-Made will be released in the spring of ’08.
Written by Burmy on 12/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.