If someone were to ask me which rappers I considered Poets, Rocko‘s name wouldn’t come up. No offense to the man; sophisticated lyricism just never seemed to be his focus. If the U.O.E.N.O. hitmaker is looking to change that perception, though, collaborating with Nas ain’t a bad start. On the latest single off his new EP, the EMPIRE signee offers a rundown of his many Hustles, from CEO to softball pitcher. Nasir Jones takes over on the middle, lacing Fatboi‘s smooth production with vivid imagery and polysyllabic rhymes. Does this cut represent a true upgrade to Rocko’s pen game? If you think so, more fresh bars await on the Poet EP, available now for free download.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.