If someone were to ask me which rappers I considered Poets, Rocko‘s name wouldn’t come up. No offense to the man; sophisticated lyricism just never seemed to be his focus. If the U.O.E.N.O. hitmaker is looking to change that perception, though, collaborating with Nas ain’t a bad start. On the latest single off his new EP, the EMPIRE signee offers a rundown of his many Hustles, from CEO to softball pitcher. Nasir Jones takes over on the middle, lacing Fatboi‘s smooth production with vivid imagery and polysyllabic rhymes. Does this cut represent a true upgrade to Rocko’s pen game? If you think so, more fresh bars await on the Poet EP, available now for free download.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.