As Rocko‘s debut single Umma Do Me continues to gain firepower up the charts, the underground CEO-turned major MC has been Busy deciding what song to choose as Self-Made‘s second official single. Continuing his trend of one-word titles (see Tomorrow), Rocko focuses this single on his preoccupation with the hustle, the money, and the shine (sound familiar?). To assist on the production tip, as he did on two of Rocko’s previously released songs, Atlanta’s Drumma Boy provides a trunk banging bass. Nevertheless, fans also might be busy... looking elsewhere if Rocko doesn’t flip the script on his topical range. Hopefully more variety will come when Self-Made is released on March 18.
Written by Burmy on 02/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umma Do Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.