While Boothgoers appreciated the deft, self-confident flows Rockie Fresh brought to I’m Wit It, the inaugural song release off his MMG debut mixtape, the record’s relatively boilerplate subject matter and sound disappointed Boothgoers craving something a little different from the norm. Well, the Chi-town emcee was clearly listening; today, he returns with a follow-up seemingly designed to showcase the uniqueness of his style. On Nobody, dubstep producer Breakage‘s atmospheric remix of Clare Maguire’s Ain’t Nobody sets the mood as Fresh delivers low-key bars that drip with steely determination. 3D graphic artist Nem Perez directs the record’s official visuals, creating an innovative, stylish clip that plays like a mash-up of Tron and Back to the Future. For this slow-burning banger and much more, check out Electric Highway when it drops January 21. In addition, Rockie will be joining Rick Ross, Meek Mill and Wale for the remaining stops on the MMG Tour, which ends Saturday, December 15, in Detroit, Michigan.
Written by richard on 12/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)