While Boothgoers appreciated the deft, self-confident flows Rockie Fresh brought to I’m Wit It, the inaugural song release off his MMG debut mixtape, the record’s relatively boilerplate subject matter and sound disappointed Boothgoers craving something a little different from the norm. Well, the Chi-town emcee was clearly listening; today, he returns with a follow-up seemingly designed to showcase the uniqueness of his style. On Nobody, dubstep producer Breakage‘s atmospheric remix of Clare Maguire’s Ain’t Nobody sets the mood as Fresh delivers low-key bars that drip with steely determination. 3D graphic artist Nem Perez directs the record’s official visuals, creating an innovative, stylish clip that plays like a mash-up of Tron and Back to the Future. For this slow-burning banger and much more, check out Electric Highway when it drops January 21. In addition, Rockie will be joining Rick Ross, Meek Mill and Wale for the remaining stops on the MMG Tour, which ends Saturday, December 15, in Detroit, Michigan.
Written by richard on 12/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.