What’s the Hurry, the inaugural leak off Rockie Fresh‘s forthcoming street album, found the Chi-town native expressing some mild frustration regarding the grind, but don’t let that fool you into thinking he doesn’t love the life he’s Living. On the contrary – as the freestyle series alum explains on the follow-up, he’d be perfectly happy to do this music sh*t forever. Here, a wintery, string-sampled beat by The Cartoonz (Rockie’s collaborators throughout the project) sets a melancholy yet driven mood as Fresh and his collaborators let us know just how dedicated they are to the game. Providing moral support on the guest tip are Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge and DMV representative Phil Adé, the former offering a few tips on beating stress on the middle verse, and the latter celebrating his successes to date in a cheery closing 16 (“My career is on a roll man, I’m somethin’ on that bike.”) If this understated motivational jam leaves you feeling pumped, you’ll find plenty more where this came from on Rockie Fresh’s Otherside mixtape, scheduled to hit the ‘net on December 16.
Written by richard on 11/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.