Of the past song releases off Rockie Fresh‘s Maybach Music debut mixtape, only one, Nobody, managed to get much positive buzz from Booth readers. Perhaps that trend will change with the newly-released Life Long, which packs a few features guaranteed to get people talking—namely, a big mystery and a pair of well-known guests. The mystery is the producer behind the sampled beat, given to Fresh by label boss Rick Ross. (If you happen to be that anonymous beatsmith, get in touch with MMG!) The guests are the aforementioned Mr. Ross and West Coast stalwart Nipsey Hussle, who bookend the headliner’s exultant bars with high-rolling opening and closing verses. Has Rockie Fresh won you over with his latest offering? Then be sure to cop Electric Highway when it drops digitally next Monday, January 21.
Update: The song is produced by Boi1da and The Maven Boys.
Update 2: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rockie Fresh’s Dre Films-directed Life Long visual.
Maybach Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.