Of the past song releases off Rockie Fresh‘s Maybach Music debut mixtape, only one, Nobody, managed to get much positive buzz from Booth readers. Perhaps that trend will change with the newly-released Life Long, which packs a few features guaranteed to get people talking—namely, a big mystery and a pair of well-known guests. The mystery is the producer behind the sampled beat, given to Fresh by label boss Rick Ross. (If you happen to be that anonymous beatsmith, get in touch with MMG!) The guests are the aforementioned Mr. Ross and West Coast stalwart Nipsey Hussle, who bookend the headliner’s exultant bars with high-rolling opening and closing verses. Has Rockie Fresh won you over with his latest offering? Then be sure to cop Electric Highway when it drops digitally next Monday, January 21.
Update: The song is produced by Boi1da and The Maven Boys.
Update 2: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rockie Fresh’s Dre Films-directed Life Long visual.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)