Of the past song releases off Rockie Fresh‘s Maybach Music debut mixtape, only one, Nobody, managed to get much positive buzz from Booth readers. Perhaps that trend will change with the newly-released Life Long, which packs a few features guaranteed to get people talking—namely, a big mystery and a pair of well-known guests. The mystery is the producer behind the sampled beat, given to Fresh by label boss Rick Ross. (If you happen to be that anonymous beatsmith, get in touch with MMG!) The guests are the aforementioned Mr. Ross and West Coast stalwart Nipsey Hussle, who bookend the headliner’s exultant bars with high-rolling opening and closing verses. Has Rockie Fresh won you over with his latest offering? Then be sure to cop Electric Highway when it drops digitally next Monday, January 21.
Update: The song is produced by Boi1da and The Maven Boys.
Update 2: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rockie Fresh’s Dre Films-directed Life Long visual.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.