Of the past song releases off Rockie Fresh‘s Maybach Music debut mixtape, only one, Nobody, managed to get much positive buzz from Booth readers. Perhaps that trend will change with the newly-released Life Long, which packs a few features guaranteed to get people talking—namely, a big mystery and a pair of well-known guests. The mystery is the producer behind the sampled beat, given to Fresh by label boss Rick Ross. (If you happen to be that anonymous beatsmith, get in touch with MMG!) The guests are the aforementioned Mr. Ross and West Coast stalwart Nipsey Hussle, who bookend the headliner’s exultant bars with high-rolling opening and closing verses. Has Rockie Fresh won you over with his latest offering? Then be sure to cop Electric Highway when it drops digitally next Monday, January 21.
Update: The song is produced by Boi1da and The Maven Boys.
Update 2: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rockie Fresh’s Dre Films-directed Life Long visual.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.