NBA All-Star Weekend is something that everyone looks forward to, if anything just so they don’t have to watch their team play D. Rose in the regular season (Cutler, take note of a successful Chicago athlete). While the three days mostly showcased superstars going 50% on the hardwood, another Chi-town native by the name of Rockie Fresh used his trip to L.A. as an opportunity to hook up with rising-star Angeleno Casey Veggies and record unreleased single Duckin N’ Dodgin. Backed by slow-rolling production from Uncle Dave, Fresh continues to impress listeners with material matching his Otherside album we heard a few months ago, which makes it all the more impressive that Veggies holds his own here. If it takes a bunch of All-Star athletes crowded together on the same court to make music like this happen, I’m all for taking more breaks when the next season rolls around. Although there’s no album in the works for this lyrically swerving track, be sure to keep a lookout for both of these up-and-comers hitting the Booth again in the future.
Written by Sigurd on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.