NBA All-Star Weekend is something that everyone looks forward to, if anything just so they don’t have to watch their team play D. Rose in the regular season (Cutler, take note of a successful Chicago athlete). While the three days mostly showcased superstars going 50% on the hardwood, another Chi-town native by the name of Rockie Fresh used his trip to L.A. as an opportunity to hook up with rising-star Angeleno Casey Veggies and record unreleased single Duckin N’ Dodgin. Backed by slow-rolling production from Uncle Dave, Fresh continues to impress listeners with material matching his Otherside album we heard a few months ago, which makes it all the more impressive that Veggies holds his own here. If it takes a bunch of All-Star athletes crowded together on the same court to make music like this happen, I’m all for taking more breaks when the next season rolls around. Although there’s no album in the works for this lyrically swerving track, be sure to keep a lookout for both of these up-and-comers hitting the Booth again in the future.
Written by Sigurd on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.