Most people can’t wait to get their first car. Others can’t wait to go to prom or graduate from school, while most rappers simply can’t wait to blow (figuratively of course). Then you had famous celibate NBA player A.C. Green, who didn’t mind waiting. Enter young Chicago representative Rockie Fresh, an emcee who refuses to delay his career any longer. With a sampled chorus from Kanye West, taken off Barry Bonds, Rockie spits bars over an eerie and dark beat laced by production duo The Cartoonz. As the drums steadily knock and the macabre melody lags in the background, Rockie goes on to tell the story of his hunger and mentions how he can’t wait for the day when “a million dollars is a parking ticket.” The young Chi-Town native dropped Rockie’s Modern Life last December and has been gaining momentum since with a DJBooth Freestyle and recent features like Living. Rockie’s follow-up project, Otherside, drops on December 16 - and I’m sure that many folks have been waiting patiently…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.