Most people can’t wait to get their first car. Others can’t wait to go to prom or graduate from school, while most rappers simply can’t wait to blow (figuratively of course). Then you had famous celibate NBA player A.C. Green, who didn’t mind waiting. Enter young Chicago representative Rockie Fresh, an emcee who refuses to delay his career any longer. With a sampled chorus from Kanye West, taken off Barry Bonds, Rockie spits bars over an eerie and dark beat laced by production duo The Cartoonz. As the drums steadily knock and the macabre melody lags in the background, Rockie goes on to tell the story of his hunger and mentions how he can’t wait for the day when “a million dollars is a parking ticket.” The young Chi-Town native dropped Rockie’s Modern Life last December and has been gaining momentum since with a DJBooth Freestyle and recent features like Living. Rockie’s follow-up project, Otherside, drops on December 16 - and I’m sure that many folks have been waiting patiently…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.