Most people can’t wait to get their first car. Others can’t wait to go to prom or graduate from school, while most rappers simply can’t wait to blow (figuratively of course). Then you had famous celibate NBA player A.C. Green, who didn’t mind waiting. Enter young Chicago representative Rockie Fresh, an emcee who refuses to delay his career any longer. With a sampled chorus from Kanye West, taken off Barry Bonds, Rockie spits bars over an eerie and dark beat laced by production duo The Cartoonz. As the drums steadily knock and the macabre melody lags in the background, Rockie goes on to tell the story of his hunger and mentions how he can’t wait for the day when “a million dollars is a parking ticket.” The young Chi-Town native dropped Rockie’s Modern Life last December and has been gaining momentum since with a DJBooth Freestyle and recent features like Living. Rockie’s follow-up project, Otherside, drops on December 16 - and I’m sure that many folks have been waiting patiently…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)