Most people can’t wait to get their first car. Others can’t wait to go to prom or graduate from school, while most rappers simply can’t wait to blow (figuratively of course). Then you had famous celibate NBA player A.C. Green, who didn’t mind waiting. Enter young Chicago representative Rockie Fresh, an emcee who refuses to delay his career any longer. With a sampled chorus from Kanye West, taken off Barry Bonds, Rockie spits bars over an eerie and dark beat laced by production duo The Cartoonz. As the drums steadily knock and the macabre melody lags in the background, Rockie goes on to tell the story of his hunger and mentions how he can’t wait for the day when “a million dollars is a parking ticket.” The young Chi-Town native dropped Rockie’s Modern Life last December and has been gaining momentum since with a DJBooth Freestyle and recent features like Living. Rockie’s follow-up project, Otherside, drops on December 16 - and I’m sure that many folks have been waiting patiently…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's the Hurry" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.