Remember how, when Rocki Evans released his Booth-sponsored More Songs About Girls mixtape, the Big Apple crooner deliberately left Lipstick Regret, a record omitted from the final version of the project, on the back cover’s tracklist? Yeah, that didn’t make sense to me then, and it doesn’t make sense to me now. Regardless, today fans finally get to hear what was originally going to fill that empty space. Leaked over the weekend, this previously-unreleased cut finds Evans painting a moody portrait of post-breakup grief. Over Lady and a Tramp‘s dark piano chords and plodding percussion, the singer laments his inability to erase the the sight, sound, smell and taste of a former love from his memory. The end product, needless to say, is more bitter than it is sweet, but its elegiac appeal won’t be lost on R&B fans with a taste for soulfully unique grooves. While this joint, as mentioned above, was ultimately left off the project, listeners digging this cut are sure to find more to their liking on MSAG, still available right here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/9/10
Submit your Rating
Free Integrated Media
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.