Remember how, when Rocki Evans released his Booth-sponsored More Songs About Girls mixtape, the Big Apple crooner deliberately left Lipstick Regret, a record omitted from the final version of the project, on the back cover’s tracklist? Yeah, that didn’t make sense to me then, and it doesn’t make sense to me now. Regardless, today fans finally get to hear what was originally going to fill that empty space. Leaked over the weekend, this previously-unreleased cut finds Evans painting a moody portrait of post-breakup grief. Over Lady and a Tramp‘s dark piano chords and plodding percussion, the singer laments his inability to erase the the sight, sound, smell and taste of a former love from his memory. The end product, needless to say, is more bitter than it is sweet, but its elegiac appeal won’t be lost on R&B fans with a taste for soulfully unique grooves. While this joint, as mentioned above, was ultimately left off the project, listeners digging this cut are sure to find more to their liking on MSAG, still available right here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/9/10
Submit your Rating
Free Integrated Media
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.