If pictures are worth a thousand words, Rockboy K9 has masterfully captured the emotions and background story of his life portrait in four minutes on his latest single Wild Horses. As the multi-talented, rapper and producer confesses the stress he’s feeling from the Catch-22 circumstances he’s stuck in, fellow Chicago natives BJ The Chicago Kid and Ashley Washington share individual roadblocks that weigh heavily on their mind. In each story, the occasional breaks in the emotionally dense production underscore the power of outside factors that limit each from fully achieving their respective interpretations of the American Dream; the right relationship, an escape from the streets, a happy family. Wild Horses will be found on Rockboy’s 187 EP, which drops this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.