If pictures are worth a thousand words, Rockboy K9 has masterfully captured the emotions and background story of his life portrait in four minutes on his latest single Wild Horses. As the multi-talented, rapper and producer confesses the stress he’s feeling from the Catch-22 circumstances he’s stuck in, fellow Chicago natives BJ The Chicago Kid and Ashley Washington share individual roadblocks that weigh heavily on their mind. In each story, the occasional breaks in the emotionally dense production underscore the power of outside factors that limit each from fully achieving their respective interpretations of the American Dream; the right relationship, an escape from the streets, a happy family. Wild Horses will be found on Rockboy’s 187 EP, which drops this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.