If pictures are worth a thousand words, Rockboy K9 has masterfully captured the emotions and background story of his life portrait in four minutes on his latest single Wild Horses. As the multi-talented, rapper and producer confesses the stress he’s feeling from the Catch-22 circumstances he’s stuck in, fellow Chicago natives BJ The Chicago Kid and Ashley Washington share individual roadblocks that weigh heavily on their mind. In each story, the occasional breaks in the emotionally dense production underscore the power of outside factors that limit each from fully achieving their respective interpretations of the American Dream; the right relationship, an escape from the streets, a happy family. Wild Horses will be found on Rockboy’s 187 EP, which drops this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/18/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.