If pictures are worth a thousand words, Rockboy K9 has masterfully captured the emotions and background story of his life portrait in four minutes on his latest single Wild Horses. As the multi-talented, rapper and producer confesses the stress he’s feeling from the Catch-22 circumstances he’s stuck in, fellow Chicago natives BJ The Chicago Kid and Ashley Washington share individual roadblocks that weigh heavily on their mind. In each story, the occasional breaks in the emotionally dense production underscore the power of outside factors that limit each from fully achieving their respective interpretations of the American Dream; the right relationship, an escape from the streets, a happy family. Wild Horses will be found on Rockboy’s 187 EP, which drops this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.