If the 1995 film Friday had a spin off TV show, it would definitely take place in Chicago. Besides the strong Hip-Hop scene and multitude of crazy personalities you’ll meet on the streets, the program would shed some necessary light on a dark place that’s mostly portrayed through the media as a neglected war zone of this country. And it would not be difficult at all to find an appropriate theme song; Rockboy K9‘s What Chain would do the trick. The versatile artist handles the boards as well as the mic on his new, upbeat single, which takes a look into what makes the Windy City so unique. While not a religious offering, if some of you need the Good Lord in your lives, the song would suggest you step right up to pulpit. What Chain is part of Rockboy’s “187” movement, involving street art posters in L.A. and Chicago, and will be placed on his upcoming EP, 187, due out this July.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.