If the 1995 film Friday had a spin off TV show, it would definitely take place in Chicago. Besides the strong Hip-Hop scene and multitude of crazy personalities you’ll meet on the streets, the program would shed some necessary light on a dark place that’s mostly portrayed through the media as a neglected war zone of this country. And it would not be difficult at all to find an appropriate theme song; Rockboy K9‘s What Chain would do the trick. The versatile artist handles the boards as well as the mic on his new, upbeat single, which takes a look into what makes the Windy City so unique. While not a religious offering, if some of you need the Good Lord in your lives, the song would suggest you step right up to pulpit. What Chain is part of Rockboy’s “187” movement, involving street art posters in L.A. and Chicago, and will be placed on his upcoming EP, 187, due out this July.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.