If the 1995 film Friday had a spin off TV show, it would definitely take place in Chicago. Besides the strong Hip-Hop scene and multitude of crazy personalities you’ll meet on the streets, the program would shed some necessary light on a dark place that’s mostly portrayed through the media as a neglected war zone of this country. And it would not be difficult at all to find an appropriate theme song; Rockboy K9‘s What Chain would do the trick. The versatile artist handles the boards as well as the mic on his new, upbeat single, which takes a look into what makes the Windy City so unique. While not a religious offering, if some of you need the Good Lord in your lives, the song would suggest you step right up to pulpit. What Chain is part of Rockboy’s “187” movement, involving street art posters in L.A. and Chicago, and will be placed on his upcoming EP, 187, due out this July.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.