Rockboy K9‘s first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, January 2013’s Cherry Pie, found him expressing his misgivings regarding rappers’ focus on money above all else. A year and change later, though, paper and the lavish lifestyle it can purchase loom large in his mental. On new promo single and EP inclusion Photoshop, he envisions his ideal future. To quote KYLE‘s smooth hook, “I see the promised Land / I see gold all on my neck, I see ‘0’s all on my check.” But all that luxury isn’t simply for its own sake; over his and Cameron Miles‘s production, a unique mix of keyboards and vocal samples, the artist spits about the many motivations behind his hustle, from the desire to provide for his fam to the simple determination to prove himself. For this lush selection and much more, check out K9’s 187 EP when it drops this summer via Indie-Pop.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.