Rockboy K9‘s first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, January 2013’s Cherry Pie, found him expressing his misgivings regarding rappers’ focus on money above all else. A year and change later, though, paper and the lavish lifestyle it can purchase loom large in his mental. On new promo single and EP inclusion Photoshop, he envisions his ideal future. To quote KYLE‘s smooth hook, “I see the promised Land / I see gold all on my neck, I see ‘0’s all on my check.” But all that luxury isn’t simply for its own sake; over his and Cameron Miles‘s production, a unique mix of keyboards and vocal samples, the artist spits about the many motivations behind his hustle, from the desire to provide for his fam to the simple determination to prove himself. For this lush selection and much more, check out K9’s 187 EP when it drops this summer via Indie-Pop.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.