Rockboy K9‘s first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, January 2013’s Cherry Pie, found him expressing his misgivings regarding rappers’ focus on money above all else. A year and change later, though, paper and the lavish lifestyle it can purchase loom large in his mental. On new promo single and EP inclusion Photoshop, he envisions his ideal future. To quote KYLE‘s smooth hook, “I see the promised Land / I see gold all on my neck, I see ‘0’s all on my check.” But all that luxury isn’t simply for its own sake; over his and Cameron Miles‘s production, a unique mix of keyboards and vocal samples, the artist spits about the many motivations behind his hustle, from the desire to provide for his fam to the simple determination to prove himself. For this lush selection and much more, check out K9’s 187 EP when it drops this summer via Indie-Pop.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)