Rockboy K9‘s first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, January 2013’s Cherry Pie, found him expressing his misgivings regarding rappers’ focus on money above all else. A year and change later, though, paper and the lavish lifestyle it can purchase loom large in his mental. On new promo single and EP inclusion Photoshop, he envisions his ideal future. To quote KYLE‘s smooth hook, “I see the promised Land / I see gold all on my neck, I see ‘0’s all on my check.” But all that luxury isn’t simply for its own sake; over his and Cameron Miles‘s production, a unique mix of keyboards and vocal samples, the artist spits about the many motivations behind his hustle, from the desire to provide for his fam to the simple determination to prove himself. For this lush selection and much more, check out K9’s 187 EP when it drops this summer via Indie-Pop.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)