When he isn’t gracing beats with his flow, DJBooth newcomer Rockboy K9 moonlights as a pastry chief. His specialty? Cherry Pie. On his latest single, Rockboy, with the help of co-producer Solitaire, blends the ingredients; one part potent bars and one part sample heavy, churning production, cooked perfectly after approximately three minutes. The result is a delicious cut from his #EPICJANUARY mixtape. Cherry Pie finds Rockboy engaging listeners with a charismatic, aggressive flow that is used to call out the money chasers and fakes in the game, all of whom take up space for those who truly love the art, like the Chicago native himself. If you’d like another slice, be sure to peep #EPICJANUARY when it drops on Valentines Day.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)