When he isn’t gracing beats with his flow, DJBooth newcomer Rockboy K9 moonlights as a pastry chief. His specialty? Cherry Pie. On his latest single, Rockboy, with the help of co-producer Solitaire, blends the ingredients; one part potent bars and one part sample heavy, churning production, cooked perfectly after approximately three minutes. The result is a delicious cut from his #EPICJANUARY mixtape. Cherry Pie finds Rockboy engaging listeners with a charismatic, aggressive flow that is used to call out the money chasers and fakes in the game, all of whom take up space for those who truly love the art, like the Chicago native himself. If you’d like another slice, be sure to peep #EPICJANUARY when it drops on Valentines Day.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.