Everyone has his or her own vision of the Good Life. For many artists in urban music, it tends to involve fancy whips, designer clothes and top-shelf liquor. Tim James, KataraaXx and Antonina Armato, the producers and songwriters who make up Rock Mafia, have a totally different set of priorities. On this freshly-minted promo single, the headliners’ debut on our pages, Atlantic Records guest vocalist Laurianna Mae offers a blunt assessment of our society’s materialistic values: “I represent the 1% who actually really really really gets it / Credit checks, dead presidents, all of that is total utter bullsh*t.” Rather than reveling in cash and luxury goods, she chooses to spend her time and energy on the people she cares about. To back her defiant, yet warm verses, Rock Mafia creates a breezy, midtempo beat with slight Island influences. Good Life isn’t part of a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.