Everyone has his or her own vision of the Good Life. For many artists in urban music, it tends to involve fancy whips, designer clothes and top-shelf liquor. Tim James, KataraaXx and Antonina Armato, the producers and songwriters who make up Rock Mafia, have a totally different set of priorities. On this freshly-minted promo single, the headliners’ debut on our pages, Atlantic Records guest vocalist Laurianna Mae offers a blunt assessment of our society’s materialistic values: “I represent the 1% who actually really really really gets it / Credit checks, dead presidents, all of that is total utter bullsh*t.” Rather than reveling in cash and luxury goods, she chooses to spend her time and energy on the people she cares about. To back her defiant, yet warm verses, Rock Mafia creates a breezy, midtempo beat with slight Island influences. Good Life isn’t part of a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.