Everyone has his or her own vision of the Good Life. For many artists in urban music, it tends to involve fancy whips, designer clothes and top-shelf liquor. Tim James, KataraaXx and Antonina Armato, the producers and songwriters who make up Rock Mafia, have a totally different set of priorities. On this freshly-minted promo single, the headliners’ debut on our pages, Atlantic Records guest vocalist Laurianna Mae offers a blunt assessment of our society’s materialistic values: “I represent the 1% who actually really really really gets it / Credit checks, dead presidents, all of that is total utter bullsh*t.” Rather than reveling in cash and luxury goods, she chooses to spend her time and energy on the people she cares about. To back her defiant, yet warm verses, Rock Mafia creates a breezy, midtempo beat with slight Island influences. Good Life isn’t part of a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.