2008 has been a great year for almost everyone in the Konvict/KonLive family. Thanks to various hit singles, two album releases, and projects from T-Pain and Akon due out this November, the label has seemingly been firing on all cylinders. Not currently on the release calendar, however, the fellas from Rock City are sending a not-so-subtle message to their label with their new mixtape, entitled Put The F*ckin’ Album Out. On the recently-released disc, Don’t Talk Much and Da Spokesman once again twist a popular charting song with a fresh new freestyle (see No Air and Paper Planes). Over Malay & KP‘s original beat to John Legend‘s Green Light, the brothers find out that last night’s one-night stands have decided to stick around. Afraid of what their women might do if they found out, they tell their booty calls, “You Gotta Go Right Now.” The Put The F*ckin’ Album Out mixtape is available via Rock City’s Myspace.
Written by Burmy on 10/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.