The music industry is full of frauds; artists who claim they that live a killer or drug-dealer lifestyle but have never come close. Akon protégé’s Rock City have never sold any drugs or shot anyone and they are proud of that distinction. While listening to the industry’s talent pool, the duo is quick to detect that Somebody’s Lyin’, therefore necessitating that someone tell them to stop. Shondrae‘s hot street production provides a banging-backdrop, but once again, it’s Rock City that takes center stage with their unique energy. Look for more heat when Wake the Neighbors drops in mid-2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.