The 80th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Rock City, the Virgin Islands-bred, Atlanta-based duo who brought us the world premiere of single I’m Leavin’, as well as winning reader approval for their freestyled revamps of other artists’ hits (see Best I Ever Heard & Lions, Tigers & Bears). On their brand new, previously-unreleased PTFAO and Still Going freestyle, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much flow over an Oddisee-produced beat originally featured on Saigon‘s WW4. Fresh off the Independence Day release of their Don Cannon-hosted PTFAO: The Saga Continues mix-album, Rock City are currently preparing to drop their long-awaited debut album, www.PTFAO.com.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 09/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.