The 80th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Rock City, the Virgin Islands-bred, Atlanta-based duo who brought us the world premiere of single I’m Leavin’, as well as winning reader approval for their freestyled revamps of other artists’ hits (see Best I Ever Heard & Lions, Tigers & Bears). On their brand new, previously-unreleased PTFAO and Still Going freestyle, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much flow over an Oddisee-produced beat originally featured on Saigon‘s WW4. Fresh off the Independence Day release of their Don Cannon-hosted PTFAO: The Saga Continues mix-album, Rock City are currently preparing to drop their long-awaited debut album, www.PTFAO.com.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 09/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.