Who could have predicted that international superstar M.I.A., who released her current single, Paper Planes, in early February, would have her Diplo-produced song remixed and freestyled over in droves nearly 13 months after the release of her latest album, Kala? Sensing that there was nothing left to be spit over Lil’ Wayne’s raped and pillaged A Milli beat, multiple artists (including 50 Cent, Trey Songz, and Jim Jones) have instead jumped on Paper Planes. Adding a different twist to the hit record are future international superstars Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much of Rock City, who creatively infuse American politics into their version. Picking up where they left on the previously-featured No Air (Freestyle), the duo petition U.S. citizens to vote for Barack Obama and remind everyone of their hatred for the Bush Administration. R. City will release their debut, Wake The Neighbors, later this year.
Listen to More: Rock City
Written by DJ Z on 09/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.