Who could have predicted that international superstar M.I.A., who released her current single, Paper Planes, in early February, would have her Diplo-produced song remixed and freestyled over in droves nearly 13 months after the release of her latest album, Kala? Sensing that there was nothing left to be spit over Lil’ Wayne’s raped and pillaged A Milli beat, multiple artists (including 50 Cent, Trey Songz, and Jim Jones) have instead jumped on Paper Planes. Adding a different twist to the hit record are future international superstars Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much of Rock City, who creatively infuse American politics into their version. Picking up where they left on the previously-featured No Air (Freestyle), the duo petition U.S. citizens to vote for Barack Obama and remind everyone of their hatred for the Bush Administration. R. City will release their debut, Wake The Neighbors, later this year.
Listen to More: Rock City Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.