When they aren’t busy writing hit records for other artists (see the Pussycat Dolls’ new single, When I Grow Up) or solidifying the track list for their forthcoming Interscope debut, Wake The Neighbors, Konvict duo Rock City are hard at work producing new joints for their We Feature Ourself mixtape. Having previously used freestyle rapped and sung versions of hit songs by Kanye West, J. Holiday and Usher as mixtape tracks, the duo recently scooped up Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown’s collaboration, No Air, and have put an interesting and unsuspected political twist on the effort. Pleading for our troops to come home and announcing that our governing body should have impeached President Bush, R. City’s version of No Air is anything but hot air.
Written by DJ Z on 05/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.