When they aren’t busy writing hit records for other artists (see the Pussycat Dolls’ new single, When I Grow Up) or solidifying the track list for their forthcoming Interscope debut, Wake The Neighbors, Konvict duo Rock City are hard at work producing new joints for their We Feature Ourself mixtape. Having previously used freestyle rapped and sung versions of hit songs by Kanye West, J. Holiday and Usher as mixtape tracks, the duo recently scooped up Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown’s collaboration, No Air, and have put an interesting and unsuspected political twist on the effort. Pleading for our troops to come home and announcing that our governing body should have impeached President Bush, R. City’s version of No Air is anything but hot air.
Written by DJ Z on 05/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.