Rock City‘s label bosses still haven’t set a release date for their debut album, Wake The Neighbors, and so the two have continued to promote themselves as if they were independent. Fresh off their appropriately-titled Put The F*ckin’ Album Out mixtape, the U.S. Virgin Islands natives are set to release the brand new street single Money on My Mind. While the line is one of the most frequently heard in hip-hop, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much spin it into a unique boast – they’ve never sold drugs, and they’re damn proud of it! Need another reason to take a listen? Drumma Boy‘s heavy-hitting beat (see Umma Do Me, Put On), will no doubt rattle many a speaker. If this single shakes the ground hard enough, it may force KonLive/Interscope execs to Wake The Neighbors in the first quarter of 2009.
Written by Burmy on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.