Virgin Islands duo Rock City have made a name for themselves in the Booth by putting their own spin on other artists’ hits (see their freestyles over M.I.A.‘s Paper Planes, John Legend‘s Green Light, and Jordin Sparks’ No Air). For their latest freestyle, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much have taken inspiration from Jazmine Sullivan‘s Salaam Remi-produced third single, Lions, Tigers & Bears. As usual, the two turn the original song’s concept on its head, in this case amending the chorus to, “I’m not scared of lions and tigers and bears/ ‘cause I’m from the jungle, too.” They make a good point – growing up amidst violent crime and extreme poverty in the ghettos of St. Thomas would likely make the pressures of puppy love seem like a walk in the park. Fans of Rock City should stay tuned to the Booth – sometime in the next two weeks, the duo will release their latest Wake the Neighbors single, the Akon-featuring I’m Leaving.
Listen to More: Rock City
Written by richard on 02/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.