Now that their Put The F’n Album Out stage is behind them, Rock City are ready to get back to what they do best: crafting feel-good jams with plenty of Caribbean style. In addition to Akon/Swizzy collabo I’m Leavin’ (which premiered at this very site), the brothers are currently pitching this potential radio single, an unmastered version of which leaked last month. On the record, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much team up with fellow Virgin Islander and Interscope labelmate Verse to ask their fans and the industry, “Can I Get On?” Complete with a laid-back instrumental by The Hipnotiks, this cut is the perfect soundtrack to a chilled-out night at the club. The only question that remains is, will it “get on” in the mainstream (unlike prior buzz singles) and (finally) win Wake The Neighbors an official release date?
Written by Burmy on 05/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.