Now that their Put The F’n Album Out stage is behind them, Rock City are ready to get back to what they do best: crafting feel-good jams with plenty of Caribbean style. In addition to Akon/Swizzy collabo I’m Leavin’ (which premiered at this very site), the brothers are currently pitching this potential radio single, an unmastered version of which leaked last month. On the record, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much team up with fellow Virgin Islander and Interscope labelmate Verse to ask their fans and the industry, “Can I Get On?” Complete with a laid-back instrumental by The Hipnotiks, this cut is the perfect soundtrack to a chilled-out night at the club. The only question that remains is, will it “get on” in the mainstream (unlike prior buzz singles) and (finally) win Wake The Neighbors an official release date?
Written by Burmy on 05/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.