Rock City’s story reads a little like the plot of a Disney sports movie in which a team of underdogs overcome multiple obstacles before pulling off a big win and ultimately being crowned as champions. Hailing from the Virgin Islands, brothers Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much moved to Atlanta to try to make it big, and, after numerous setbacks, they now seem to be on the verge of accomplishing that goal. When I Get On, one of two recent leaks off the latest entry in RC’s Put The F*cking Album Out mixtape series, is all about the relentless grind it takes to make something happen in the unforgiving world of hip-hop. In addition to a sung hook and occasional ad libs, Konlive head honcho Akon contributes a smoldering, string-driven beat that leaves the spotlight on the brothers’ urgent and tenacious flows. If this track grabs your attention, be sure to download a copy of PTFAO: Independence Day when it hits the ‘net July 4th, and stay tuned for release details on their forthcoming oft-delayed debut album, Wake the Neighbors.
Written by Dr. D on 06/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.