While waiting for a follow-up to the moderately successful Losin’ It, Rock City have been keeping their name out there with uber-creative freestyles (see No Air, Paper Planes, U Gotta Go Right Now, Lions, Tigers, & Bears), but their attitude can best be summed up by mixtape title “Put The F*ckin’ Album Out.” It seems the KonLive/Geffen marketing team finally took notice, as today we are proud to present the WORLD PREMIERE of their official new single. Ready to chase their dreams of musical superstardom, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much pack their bags and let everyone back home know, “I’m Leavin these slums and never coming back.” Featuring a bridge by their boss, Akon, and a guitar-percussion instrumental by Swizz Beatz, I’m Leavin’ puts a brand new hip-hop twist on a very old musical topic (does John Denver ring a bell?) Hopefully this star-studded cut will be enough to finally earn Wake The Neighbors a solid release date—in the meantime, fans can look forward to a pure banger when Don’t Talk Much steps into our Booth with an exclusive freestyle next month.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.