While waiting for a follow-up to the moderately successful Losin’ It, Rock City have been keeping their name out there with uber-creative freestyles (see No Air, Paper Planes, U Gotta Go Right Now, Lions, Tigers, & Bears), but their attitude can best be summed up by mixtape title “Put The F*ckin’ Album Out.” It seems the KonLive/Geffen marketing team finally took notice, as today we are proud to present the WORLD PREMIERE of their official new single. Ready to chase their dreams of musical superstardom, Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much pack their bags and let everyone back home know, “I’m Leavin these slums and never coming back.” Featuring a bridge by their boss, Akon, and a guitar-percussion instrumental by Swizz Beatz, I’m Leavin’ puts a brand new hip-hop twist on a very old musical topic (does John Denver ring a bell?) Hopefully this star-studded cut will be enough to finally earn Wake The Neighbors a solid release date—in the meantime, fans can look forward to a pure banger when Don’t Talk Much steps into our Booth with an exclusive freestyle next month.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.