If you frequent the same club or dancehall every weekend, there is a good chance that you’ll see the same crowd of people. After a while, faces become familiar, and before you know it, you’ve subconsciously learned what everyone’s favorites song is. On the new Rock City song, In The Dancehall, brothers Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much, with assistance from Def Jam sensation Vawn, explain that when you spot the right person, the art of remembering ‘that’ song will certainly help you (wink wink). The song has a similar feel to Usher’s Love In This Club, with production duo The Hipnotiks adding some Caribbean sauce on top. R. City’s debut album, Wake The Neighbors, has a planned ’08 release.
Written by DJ Z on 03/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.