While recent tomfoolery by our elected leaders has dealt a painful blow to the U.S.’ prospects for economic recovery, it’ll take more than a massive drop in the Dow Jones to destroy the American Dream. Not the one about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps through hard work and self-reliance—I’m talking about the American Dream whereby anyone with the right combo of irresponsibility, cash and craziness can win a national platform for their ludicrous behavior. On their latest unreleased cut (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), Virgin Islands-bred twosome Rock City channel a little Charlie Sheen as they celebrate the country’s illustrious history of celebrity excess. Dexx Tracks departs from the duo’s usual, Caribbean-informed sound on the production tip, serving up a club-ready combo of synth arpeggios and booming bass as brothers Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much swagger their way through high-rolling, pop-referential verses. Though this Booth-exclusive joint isn’t set for inclusion on the project, fans of the freestyle alumni should keep it locked for details on Rock City’s long-awaited debut set, Free at Last.
Written by richard on 08/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.