While recent tomfoolery by our elected leaders has dealt a painful blow to the U.S.’ prospects for economic recovery, it’ll take more than a massive drop in the Dow Jones to destroy the American Dream. Not the one about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps through hard work and self-reliance—I’m talking about the American Dream whereby anyone with the right combo of irresponsibility, cash and craziness can win a national platform for their ludicrous behavior. On their latest unreleased cut (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), Virgin Islands-bred twosome Rock City channel a little Charlie Sheen as they celebrate the country’s illustrious history of celebrity excess. Dexx Tracks departs from the duo’s usual, Caribbean-informed sound on the production tip, serving up a club-ready combo of synth arpeggios and booming bass as brothers Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much swagger their way through high-rolling, pop-referential verses. Though this Booth-exclusive joint isn’t set for inclusion on the project, fans of the freestyle alumni should keep it locked for details on Rock City’s long-awaited debut set, Free at Last.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.