While recent tomfoolery by our elected leaders has dealt a painful blow to the U.S.’ prospects for economic recovery, it’ll take more than a massive drop in the Dow Jones to destroy the American Dream. Not the one about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps through hard work and self-reliance—I’m talking about the American Dream whereby anyone with the right combo of irresponsibility, cash and craziness can win a national platform for their ludicrous behavior. On their latest unreleased cut (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), Virgin Islands-bred twosome Rock City channel a little Charlie Sheen as they celebrate the country’s illustrious history of celebrity excess. Dexx Tracks departs from the duo’s usual, Caribbean-informed sound on the production tip, serving up a club-ready combo of synth arpeggios and booming bass as brothers Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much swagger their way through high-rolling, pop-referential verses. Though this Booth-exclusive joint isn’t set for inclusion on the project, fans of the freestyle alumni should keep it locked for details on Rock City’s long-awaited debut set, Free at Last.
Written by richard on 08/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Losing It" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)