Sometimes, you hit play on a buzzmaking artist’s latest record with high hopes, but when it’s over you’re left wondering What all the Fuss was about. In the case of Rochelle Jordan‘s new single, though, the appeal couldn’t be clearer. Her first feature since January’s Follow Me, this promo cut finds the T-Dot R&B songstress playfully interrogating a potential lover. If her attitude and seductive vocal presence don’t hook you, Illangelo‘s production will; the Canadian beatsmith’s slurred bassline and ponderous, sample-accented percussion evoke the darkness of his work with The Weeknd, while slippery synth accents and other quirky effects complement Jordan’s teasing tone. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned. What the Fuss is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you up to date on both collaborators’ plans as further details surface.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.