Sometimes, you hit play on a buzzmaking artist’s latest record with high hopes, but when it’s over you’re left wondering What all the Fuss was about. In the case of Rochelle Jordan‘s new single, though, the appeal couldn’t be clearer. Her first feature since January’s Follow Me, this promo cut finds the T-Dot R&B songstress playfully interrogating a potential lover. If her attitude and seductive vocal presence don’t hook you, Illangelo‘s production will; the Canadian beatsmith’s slurred bassline and ponderous, sample-accented percussion evoke the darkness of his work with The Weeknd, while slippery synth accents and other quirky effects complement Jordan’s teasing tone. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned. What the Fuss is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you up to date on both collaborators’ plans as further details surface.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.