Sometimes, you hit play on a buzzmaking artist’s latest record with high hopes, but when it’s over you’re left wondering What all the Fuss was about. In the case of Rochelle Jordan‘s new single, though, the appeal couldn’t be clearer. Her first feature since January’s Follow Me, this promo cut finds the T-Dot R&B songstress playfully interrogating a potential lover. If her attitude and seductive vocal presence don’t hook you, Illangelo‘s production will; the Canadian beatsmith’s slurred bassline and ponderous, sample-accented percussion evoke the darkness of his work with The Weeknd, while slippery synth accents and other quirky effects complement Jordan’s teasing tone. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned. What the Fuss is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you up to date on both collaborators’ plans as further details surface.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.