Sometimes, you hit play on a buzzmaking artist’s latest record with high hopes, but when it’s over you’re left wondering What all the Fuss was about. In the case of Rochelle Jordan‘s new single, though, the appeal couldn’t be clearer. Her first feature since January’s Follow Me, this promo cut finds the T-Dot R&B songstress playfully interrogating a potential lover. If her attitude and seductive vocal presence don’t hook you, Illangelo‘s production will; the Canadian beatsmith’s slurred bassline and ponderous, sample-accented percussion evoke the darkness of his work with The Weeknd, while slippery synth accents and other quirky effects complement Jordan’s teasing tone. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned. What the Fuss is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you up to date on both collaborators’ plans as further details surface.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.