As airily angelic as Toronto songstress Rochelle Jordan‘s vocals may be on Shotgun, the singer isn’t afraid to get a little dirty in the Sharon Jane D-directed visuals for the record. The music video for the P R E S S U R E stand out selection finds Jordan in a black and white, woodsy setting that seems to echo the desolate and melancholy nature of the somber record it visualizes. As the producer behind the entire project, KLSH treats Shotgun to a light, percussion-laced beat that seems to makes itself the most present during the song’s hook. You will find more sultry, mood-setting tunes on the Canadian singer/songwriter’s free P R E S S U R E album, which was released in early August.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.