The English language – or any language, for that matter – is woefully under-equipped to express the subtler shades of emotional experience. Just ask Booth newcomer Rochelle Jordan; as the Toronto soul songstress bravely admits on her latest single, not only does she not know “How to Feel,” about a certain man, she can’t even find the words to express how not knowing how to feel feels. And no, she can’t be more specific. Klash provides an appropriately pensive instrumental backdrop, layering chilly synth ambiance over syncopated percussion as the singer sorts through her conflicted emotions – she thinks the guy in question is “one of a kind” and wishes she could turn back time, but she needs her space. On the other hand, she doesn’t want to have to live with the regret of letting a good thing slip through her fingers. Decisions, decisions… While Jordan is figuring it out, why don’t you tell us how you feel about the record, via the comment box above? This cut isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those left intrigued should keep it locked for release details on In Search of… Radio, Rochelle and Klash’s forthcoming N.E.R.D./Radiohead tribute LP.
Written by richard on 05/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.