The English language – or any language, for that matter – is woefully under-equipped to express the subtler shades of emotional experience. Just ask Booth newcomer Rochelle Jordan; as the Toronto soul songstress bravely admits on her latest single, not only does she not know “How to Feel,” about a certain man, she can’t even find the words to express how not knowing how to feel feels. And no, she can’t be more specific. Klash provides an appropriately pensive instrumental backdrop, layering chilly synth ambiance over syncopated percussion as the singer sorts through her conflicted emotions – she thinks the guy in question is “one of a kind” and wishes she could turn back time, but she needs her space. On the other hand, she doesn’t want to have to live with the regret of letting a good thing slip through her fingers. Decisions, decisions… While Jordan is figuring it out, why don’t you tell us how you feel about the record, via the comment box above? This cut isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those left intrigued should keep it locked for release details on In Search of… Radio, Rochelle and Klash’s forthcoming N.E.R.D./Radiohead tribute LP.
Written by richard on 05/18/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)