The English language – or any language, for that matter – is woefully under-equipped to express the subtler shades of emotional experience. Just ask Booth newcomer Rochelle Jordan; as the Toronto soul songstress bravely admits on her latest single, not only does she not know “How to Feel,” about a certain man, she can’t even find the words to express how not knowing how to feel feels. And no, she can’t be more specific. Klash provides an appropriately pensive instrumental backdrop, layering chilly synth ambiance over syncopated percussion as the singer sorts through her conflicted emotions – she thinks the guy in question is “one of a kind” and wishes she could turn back time, but she needs her space. On the other hand, she doesn’t want to have to live with the regret of letting a good thing slip through her fingers. Decisions, decisions… While Jordan is figuring it out, why don’t you tell us how you feel about the record, via the comment box above? This cut isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those left intrigued should keep it locked for release details on In Search of… Radio, Rochelle and Klash’s forthcoming N.E.R.D./Radiohead tribute LP.
Written by richard on 05/18/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.