When last we heard from CTE West recording artist Roccett, he was being courted by Akon‘s Konvict Muzik. Since then, the Carson, California native has turned down that proposal and has, in fact, become a full-fledged member of the U.S.D.A. group alongside bossman Jeezy, Slick Pulla, Blood Raw, and Boo Rossini. Nonetheless, Roccett continues to work on his untitled debut album, with the newest buzz single bringing a sound that’s just what you’d expect from CTE. Head in the Clouds features Rocc’s slow-paced-yet-motivated rhyme scheme over a relaxed beat from in-house producer Arnaz “The Nasty One” Smith, as well as background vocals from up-and-coming duo Rock City. So don’t keep your Head in the Clouds; be on the lookout for plenty more Roccett in the coming weeks.
Written by Burmy on 11/13/08
Submit your Rating
Green Up Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride With A G" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.