When last we heard from CTE West recording artist Roccett, he was being courted by Akon‘s Konvict Muzik. Since then, the Carson, California native has turned down that proposal and has, in fact, become a full-fledged member of the U.S.D.A. group alongside bossman Jeezy, Slick Pulla, Blood Raw, and Boo Rossini. Nonetheless, Roccett continues to work on his untitled debut album, with the newest buzz single bringing a sound that’s just what you’d expect from CTE. Head in the Clouds features Rocc’s slow-paced-yet-motivated rhyme scheme over a relaxed beat from in-house producer Arnaz “The Nasty One” Smith, as well as background vocals from up-and-coming duo Rock City. So don’t keep your Head in the Clouds; be on the lookout for plenty more Roccett in the coming weeks.
Written by Burmy on 11/13/08
Submit your Rating
Green Up Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride With A G" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.