Last seen playing second fiddle to AWAR on the reader-approved Broad Daylight, Roc Marciano steps back into the spotlight with the release of Shotguns in Hell. The Empire State buzzmaker’s first solo feature since last year’s Bruh Man, this freshly-minted loosie finds Marciano delivering deadpan bars over the looped soul samples of Motown’s Apollo Brown. It Ain’t Hard to Tell, the closing track off Nas‘s classic debut set, provides the record’s title and sampled hook. Shotguns isn’t part of a larger set but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from both Roc and Apollo.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.