Last seen playing second fiddle to AWAR on the reader-approved Broad Daylight, Roc Marciano steps back into the spotlight with the release of Shotguns in Hell. The Empire State buzzmaker’s first solo feature since last year’s Bruh Man, this freshly-minted loosie finds Marciano delivering deadpan bars over the looped soul samples of Motown’s Apollo Brown. It Ain’t Hard to Tell, the closing track off Nas‘s classic debut set, provides the record’s title and sampled hook. Shotguns isn’t part of a larger set but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from both Roc and Apollo.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.