Last seen playing second fiddle to AWAR on the reader-approved Broad Daylight, Roc Marciano steps back into the spotlight with the release of Shotguns in Hell. The Empire State buzzmaker’s first solo feature since last year’s Bruh Man, this freshly-minted loosie finds Marciano delivering deadpan bars over the looped soul samples of Motown’s Apollo Brown. It Ain’t Hard to Tell, the closing track off Nas‘s classic debut set, provides the record’s title and sampled hook. Shotguns isn’t part of a larger set but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from both Roc and Apollo.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.