Last seen playing second fiddle to AWAR on the reader-approved Broad Daylight, Roc Marciano steps back into the spotlight with the release of Shotguns in Hell. The Empire State buzzmaker’s first solo feature since last year’s Bruh Man, this freshly-minted loosie finds Marciano delivering deadpan bars over the looped soul samples of Motown’s Apollo Brown. It Ain’t Hard to Tell, the closing track off Nas‘s classic debut set, provides the record’s title and sampled hook. Shotguns isn’t part of a larger set but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from both Roc and Apollo.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)