Sometimes, as on March’s Poltergeist, Roc Marciano likes to go ghost. Other days, he prefers to let his Nine Spray. Judging by the latest single and first Booth feature off the Long Island rhymesayer’s forthcoming full-length, today is one of the latter. But he’s not just letting slugs fly—instead, he blazes Ray West‘s tense, percussion/sample beat with the calm, calculating exactitude of a trained sharpshooter. Ka plays it even cooler on the back, delivering his tightly-wound guest 16 in a delivery barely above a whisper. Digging this low-key street banger? You’ll be able to find Nine Spray and many more dope cuts on Reloaded, due out November 13, via Decon. Click here to pre-order the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.