Sometimes, as on March’s Poltergeist, Roc Marciano likes to go ghost. Other days, he prefers to let his Nine Spray. Judging by the latest single and first Booth feature off the Long Island rhymesayer’s forthcoming full-length, today is one of the latter. But he’s not just letting slugs fly—instead, he blazes Ray West‘s tense, percussion/sample beat with the calm, calculating exactitude of a trained sharpshooter. Ka plays it even cooler on the back, delivering his tightly-wound guest 16 in a delivery barely above a whisper. Digging this low-key street banger? You’ll be able to find Nine Spray and many more dope cuts on Reloaded, due out November 13, via Decon. Click here to pre-order the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.