Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his sophomore independent full-length, last fall’s Reloaded, Roc Marciano returns to kick off his 2013 with new promotional single Bruh Man. As usual, the emcee/beatsmith keeps it low-key and lyrical, lacing an uncredited producer’s pensive soul loops with evocative imagery and an eclectic array of pop-cultural allusions (amidst a litany of luxury brands, he name-checks Crocodile Dundee and The Pelican Brief). It’s currently unknown what project, if any, will be this record’s home, but we’ll keep you posted on the Long Island buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.